The Chicago Bears’ critical offseason of talent acquisition has reached the third (and final!) day of the NFL Draft. And what a journey it has been.
It started with GM Ryan Pace addressing the long-term solution at quarterback situation with Mitch Trubisky. A day later, Pace followed up by moving out from the 36th pick in the draft, adding picks, and plucking Adam Shaheen (a Division II tight end) in the second round.
It all sets up for another busy day for the Bears and I’m looking forward to seeing what the draft looks like after the dust settles on Saturday.
Dates and remaining rounds: Saturday (Rounds 4-7)
Round 4 start time: 11 a.m.
How to watch/stream online: ESPN, NFL Network, WatchESPN, NFL.com
Bears’ Remaining Picks
Round 4, Pick 111– Traded to 49ers
- Round 4, Pick 117
- Round 4, Pick 119 – From Cardinals
- Round 5, Pick 147
- Round 6, Pick 197 – From Cardinals
Round 7, Pick 221– Traded to Cardinals
Three Best Available Players At Positions Of Need (Rankings via Pro Football Focus)
- WR: Dede Westbrook, Oklahoma; Chad Hansen, Cal; Isaiah Ford, Louisiana Tech
- OT: Roderick Johnson, Florida State; Conor McDermott, UCLA; Justin Senior, Mississippi State
- EDGE: Carl Lawson, Auburn; Joe Mathis, Washington; Deatrich Wise Jr., Arkansas
- DT: Caleb Brantley, Florida; Vincent Taylor, Oklahoma State; Tanzel Smart, Tulane
- CB: Desmond King, Iowa; Corn Elder, Miami; Damontae Kazee, San Diego State
- S: Xavier Woods, Louisiana Tech; Eddie Jackson, Alabama; Tedric Thompson, Colorado
Your draft thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. And hopefully, we can do this again when Bears season starts and the games matter.