Let’s take a look at the 13 undrafted free agents who were signed by the Chicago Bears and will be participating in this weekend’s rookie mini-camp. Because you never know who will emerge as a regular contributor when the season begins.
Joel Bouagnon, RB, Northern Illinois
- Size: 6-foot-2, 228 pounds
- Notable stats: Ran for 2,911 yards on 600 attempts, and scored 31 touchdowns in his four-year career. Posted nine 100-yard rushing games in his final two seasons.
Rashaad Coward, DT, Old Dominion
- Size: 6-foot-6, 310 pounds
- Notable stats: Started 26 games as a junior and senior. Picked up 50 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss as a senior.
Hendrick Ekpe, LB, Minnesota
- Size: 6-foot-5, 240 pounds
- Notable stats: Installed as a starter as a junior, picking up 28 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss in 12 games as a senior.
- Get to know Hendrick:
Tanner Gentry, WR, Wyoming
- Size: 6-foot-2, 210 pounds
- Notable stats: Caught 72 passes for 1,326 yards, and 14 touchdowns as a senior from Joshua Allen, who is a top-rated quarterback in next year’s draft class.
Franko House, TE, Ball State
- Size: 6-foot-6, 248 pounds
- Notable stats: Ranks in the top 10 at Ball State in scoring and rebounds, but hasn’t played football since his senior season at Concord High School in Elkhard, Indiana.
- Workout tape:
Isaiah Irving, LB, San Jose State
- Size: 6-foot-3, 241 pounds
- Notable stats: Made starts in 37 of 47 career appearances, splitting time at defensive end and outside linebacker. Reached career highs in tackles (45), sacks (7), and tackles for loss (11.5) as a senior.
Dieugot Joseph, OT, Florida International
- Size: 6-foot-6, 300 pounds
- Notable stats: Began his career as a defensive tackle, started 11 games at left tackle as a sophomore, had an injury riddled 2015, but started every game at left tackle en route to earning an All-Conference USA honorable mention in 2016.
- Highlights and profile:
Mitchell Kirsch, OT, James Madison
- Size: 6-foot-6, 300 pounds
- Notable stats: First-team FCS All-American at James Madison in 2016, where he was a three-year starter.
Andy Phillips, K, Utah
- Size: 5-foot-10, 210 pounds
- Notable stats: University record holder for field goals made (84) and points scored (427) … made 21 of 25 attempts in 2016, clinching his fourth straight year All-Pac 12 honors.
Alex Scearce, LB, Coastal Carolina
- Size: 6-foot-3, 220 pounds
- Notable stats: Made starts in 33 of 45 appearances in his four years at Coastal Carolina. Each of his eight career sacks came as a senior. Finalist for the FCS Defensive Player of the Year award.
Jhajuan Seales, WR, Oklahoma State
- Size: 6-foot-1, 205 pounds
- Notable stats: Ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds and reached 41.5 inches on the vertical jump at Oklahoma State’s pro day. Hauled in 37 catches as a senior and set career highs in receiving yards (615) and touchdowns (4).
Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State
- Size: 6-foot-1, 241 pounds
- Notable stats: Rushed for 90 yards on 13 carries in 2016, scored four touchdowns. Made the successful transition from high school linebacker to college fullback.
Levonte “Kermit” Whitfield, WR, Florida State
- Size: 5-foot-8, 182 pounds
- Notable stats: Averaged 22.9 yards on 77 career kick returns. Had his best receiving season as a junior, catching 57 passes for 798 yards and six touchdowns. State champion (Florida) in 100 and 200-meter races as a high school senior.