The last chance for players on the roster bubble to make a good impression on head coach John Fox and GM Ryan Pace is here.
Thursday brings us a rematch of coaches who participated in the Senior Bowl. And reminiscent of their time in Mobile, Ala., player evaluation will be the primary focus of each coaching staff as the final roster cut-down day draws near.
Don’t expect either coach to show too much tonight. After all, the teams will square off once again in a rematch that counts toward the standings in Week 16. Who’s looking forward to spending Christmas Eve watching Bears-Browns go toe-to-toe in Cleveland?
Don’t all put your hands up at once. We’ve got some games to play between now and then.
Cleveland Browns (2016: 1-15, 4th AFC North) at Chicago Bears (2016: 3-13, 4th NFC North) – 7 pm CT on FOX, WBBM-AM 780, FM 105.9
Your game thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. And hopefully, we can keep the good times rolling throughout the preseason and into the regular season.
John Fox (128-112 overall, 9-23 with Bears) vs. Hue Jackson Arians (9-23 overall, 1-15 with Browns)
Projected Starting Quarterbacks
Bears: Mitch Trubisky (preseason): 354 passing yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 70.8 completion percentage, 112.7
Browns: Cody Kessler (preseason): 145 passing yards, 0 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 66.7 completion percentage 80.0 rating
(Editor’s note: Because of the nature of the fourth preseason game, I find it will be more important to focus on the Bears’ starters and reserves to best get a feel for how the roster might take shape. With that in mind, we won’t take a shot at guessing the Browns’ starters tonight. You’re welcome.)
Bears Probable Starters
- RB Jeremy Langford
- FB Michael Burton
- WR Deonte Thompson, Kendall Wright
- TE Zach Miller
- OL Bradley Sowell (LT), Will Poehls (LG), Hroniss Grasu (C), Cyril Richardson (RG), Tom Compton (RT)
- DE Jaye Howard, Roy Robertson-Harris
- NT John Jenkins
- OLB Sam Acho, Lamarr Houston
- ILB John Timu, Nick Kwiatkoski
- CB Cre’von LeBlanc, Kyle Fuller
- S Adrian Amos, Eddie Jackson
- ST Connor Barth (PK), Pat O’Donnell (P), Jeff Overbaugh (meet the new long snapper)
- QB Connor Shaw
- RB Tarik Cohen, Benny Cunningham, Joshua Rounds
- FB Freddie Stevenson
- WR Victor Cruz, Tanner Gentry, Daniel Braverman, Titus Davis, Alton Howard
- TE Adam Shaheen, Daniel Brown, Ben Braunecker
- OL Brandon Greene, Mitchell Kirsch, Jordan Morgan, Taylor Boggs, Dieugot Joseph
- DL Jonathan Bullard, Rashaad Coward, C.J. Wilson
- OLB Dan Skuta, Isaiah Irving
- ILB Christian Jones, Jonathan Anderson, Kelvin Sheppard
- CB Sherrick McManis, B.W. Webb, Johnthan Banks, Rashaad Reynolds
- S Chris Prosinski, DeAndre Houston-Carson, Harold Jones-Quartey