It’s Saturday at the NFL Draft, and the Chicago Bears will look to close the weekend on a high note.
The Bears drafted Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith on Day 1 as college football’s best linebacker prospect fell to the Bears after three quarterbacks went off the board with the first seven picks. If you missed his highlights, you’ll be glad to know they are everything you would expect from an All-American linebacker.
We wouldn’t be feeling some type of way had the Bears not kept the good times rolling by making two (yes, two) second-round picks. Chicago addressed a glaring need along the offensive line by selecting Iowa’s James Daniels, a versatile lineman who the Bears will move to guard full time. Later, the team came together with the Patriots on a deal for the 51st overall pick, which was used to draft Memphis receiver Anthony Miller.
And now, it’s time for the grand finale. Make it count, guys.
Location: AT&T Stadium; Arlington, Texas
Dates and remaining rounds: April 28 (Rounds 4-7)
Round 2 start time: 11 a.m. CT
How to watch/stream: ESPN, ABC, NFL Network
Bears’ Remaining Picks
Round 4, Pick 105(Traded to the Patriots)
- Round 4, Pick 115
- Round 5, Pick 145
- Round 6, Pick 181
- Round 7, Pick 224
- Round 1, Pick 8 – Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
- Round 2, Pick 39 – James Daniels, OL, Iowa
- Round 2, Pick 51 – Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
Best Available Players (Overall Ranking via Pro Football Focus)
- QUARTERBACKS: Kyle Lauletta, Richmond (47); Mike White, Western Kentucky (80)
- RUNNING BACKS: Nyheim Hines, North Carolina State (83); Boston Scott, Louisiana Tech (116); Kalen Ballage, Arizona State (119); Mark Walton, Miami (Fla.) (124); Dalyn Dawkins, Colorado State
- WIDE RECEIVERS: Antonio Callaway, Florida (61); Cedrick Wilson, Boise State (64); Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame (66); DaeSean Hamilton, Penn State (76); Marcell Ateman, Oklahoma State (79); Keke Coutee, Texas Tech (96); Javon Wims, Georgia (99)
- OFFENSIVE LINE: Jamarco Jones, Ohio State (32); Tyrell Crosby, Oregon (71); Will Richardson, North Carolina State (101)
- DEFENSIVE LINE: Maurice Hurst, Michigan (3); Tim Settle, Virginia Tech (103); R.J. McIntosh, Miami (Fla.) (111)
- EDGE DEFENDERS: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma (40); Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest (60); Hercules Mata’afa, Washington State (63); Shaquem Griffin, UCF (87); Joe Ostman, Central Michigan (90); Josh Sweat, Florida State (105); Justin Lawler, SMU (106)
- CORNERBACKS: Nick Nelson, Wisconsin (52); Parry Nickerson, Tulane (55); Greg Stroman, Virginia Tech (78); Darius Phillips, Western Michigan (85); Darious Williams, UAB (104); Quenton Meeks, Stanford (126)
- SAFETIES: Kyzir White, West Virginia (81); Quin Blanding, Virginia (82); Deshon Elliott, Texas (89); Damon Webb, Ohio State (97); Kris Weatherspoon, Troy (98)
Your Day 2 draft thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. Can’t wait to do this again when games actually matter with a coaching staff that is ready to unveil some new and exciting offensive concepts.